Creating a More Connected Innovation Community
The Innovation Showcase helps bridge the gap between research and commercialization by highlighting the most promising discoveries and new technologies ready for commercialization in Washington State. The Showcase connects innovators with startup leaders, investors, service providers, and serial entrepreneurs to promote the idea sharing and networking that help turn research into results.
Innovation Showcase events feature presentations by 3-6 innovators hand-selected by our program manager and screening committee.
Transforming Healthcare Through IT: Investment Opportunities in
an Emerging Sector
- Tuesday, April 29th
- 7:15 am - 12:00 pm
- K&L Gates
- 925 4th Ave, Suite 2900, Seattle
Join innovators, investors, entrepreneurs, and other leaders of the innovation community to learn from industry insiders about the exciting opportunities in healthcare IT. Gain insights into our region's strengths at the nexus of two growing industries from expert speakers and panelists followed by a fast-pitch session featuring local healthcare IT companies.
- Featured speakers include:
- Rob Arnold, Partner, VantagePoint Investments
- Todd Cozzens, Partner, Sequoia Capital
- Mark Gargett, VP Digital Integration, Providence Health & Services
- Mary Haggard, Healthcare Principal, Point B Management Consultants
- John Koster, CEO Emeritus, Providence Health & Services
- Joe Piper, Managing Director, Point B Capital
- Ralph Sabin, Managing Director, Fortis Advisors
- Presenting companies:
- Owl Outcomes
- Spiral Genetics
- Transformative Med
Also, don't miss the re-launch of Innovate Health, a joint initiative with WBBA. Innovate Health's vision is an educated, funded, and motivated entrepreneurial community building relevant, validated IT solutions for healthcare.
- 7:15 - 8:00 am: Registration & Networking (continental breakfast)
- 8:00 - 10:00 am: Event Program
- 10:00 - 11:30 am: Fast-Pitch Innovation Showcase
- 11:30 am - 12:00 pm: Networking
$75 advance registration
$95 at the door
Summer 2014 Showcase
- Tuesday, June 10th
- K&L Gates
- 925 4th Ave, Suite 2900, Seattle
More details coming soon!
Are you a Washington-based company commercializating new technology in our state?
Do you have a prototype completed, or near completion?
Would you like to expand your network within the local innovation community?
If you answered yes to these questions, we encourage you to submit your free application to be considered for our next Innovation Showcase! Gain exposure for your innovation among startup leaders and commercialization experts, and work with expert coaches - at no cost to you - to hone your pitch before meeting with investors.
Please download the Showcase application and submit your completed form for consideration to Catherine Waszak via email at catherine(at)technology-alliance.com.
Submission deadline for Summer 2014 Showcase: May 14th
The Innovation Showcase has introduced numerous emerging companies to Washington's investment and startup community. Innovators across the state have used the program to build connections outside of their areas of expertise and tap into resources that have enabled them to achieve important milestones in moving their technologies from the lab into the marketplace. Showcase participants have gone on to secure funding through grants or angel investors, connect with strategic partners and advisors, and gain industry and media recognition. Since 2009, the program has showcased an impressive list of more than 70 companies commercializing technologies in Washington State.
Cadence Biomedical created the Kickstart walking system to help people walk their way to a better quality of life. Kickstart is a simple, wearable, and lightweight device designed to help users regain their ability to walk with stability and confidence and to rediscover a more independent and mobile lifestyle.
The company presented its prototype at the Innovation Showcase in 2011. Since releasing the Kickstart in July 2012, the company has been working on a pipeline of new products. President & CEO Brian Glaister was presented with our Innovation Showcase Company of the Year Award in 2013.
Mobisante provides mobile and accessible ultrasound imaging from the mountains of Haiti to the backwoods of Oregon. The company was founded in December 2009 and first presented at the Innovation Showcase the following year.
Mobisante's product became the first cellphone-based diagnostic device to be approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in January 2011. Co-founder & CEO Sailesh Chutani accepted the Innovation Showcase Company of the Year Award in 2012.
Click here for the full list of Showcase alumni, media coverage, and participant testimonials.
Visit the Startup Seattle calendar for information on other startup community events and programs.
- Joe Piper, Point B Capital
- Jack Breese, Washington Advisory Group
- Ky Calder, Calder Investment Partners
- Jeffry Canin, Auxin Partners
- Tom Clement, Aqueduct Neurosciences
- Anson Fatland, Washington State University
- Gary Kocher, K&L Gates
- Loretta Little, WRF Capital
- Stewart Lyman, Lyman Biopharma Consulting
- Susannah Malarkey, Technology Alliance
- Matt McIlwain, Madrona Venture Group
- Ulrich Mueller, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Maren Ohaks, UW Center for Commercialization
- Chris Porter, Medical Genesis
- Erick Rabins, Auxin Partners
- Patrick Shelby, UW Center for Commercialization
- Michael Stein, Woodcock Washburn
- Catherine Waszak